Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fancy Nancy: Every Day Is Earth Day (I Can Read Book 1)

NEW! Fancy Nancy: Every Day Is Earth Day (I Can Read Book 1) with Free shipping



Effect:::

Being green is important to Nancy—so important that she wants her family to take care of the Earth morning, noon, and night!

User friendly.







Brand:



   Customer Rating :


   List Price : $3.99


   Sale Price : $1.08
 







Fancy Nancy: Every Day Is Earth Day (I Can Read Book 1)Feature for this item


  • ISBN13: 9780061873263
  • Condition: NEW
  • Notes: Brand New from Publisher. No Remainder Mark.




Order Now with Free Shipping!!!


Customer Reviews


I'm not too keen on thrusting environmentalist slogans on very young readers, particularly as the subject matter could be presented in a less strident tone, but all in all I would consider Fancy Nancy: Every Day is Earth Day to be a very good book for beginning readers. As usual, Fancy Nancy does a good job of teaching kids the meaning of several new words, and the charming color illustrations of Aleksey and Olga Ivanov are very effective at drawing kids into the story.

I guess you can interpret this book in one of two ways. On the one hand, it is rather preachy about going green and "saving" the Earth, but - on the other hand - it also shows what can happen when you cross the fine line between responsibility and annoying bossiness in pursuit of a cause. Fancy Nancy tends to go a little overboard on new things, and that is definitely the case here. Having just learned about Earth Day and the importance of caring for the planet, she takes it upon herself to make every day Earth Day, and her well-intentioned actions at home end up causing a few problems within her household. She learns the hard way not to be so bossy and overzealous, and I think it is this lesson (on the importance of respecting the rights and wishes of the other members of her family), that proves to be the most valuable message this cute little book communicates to its target audience of emerging readers. This is definitely not my favorite Fancy Nancy book, though.


>>>Read more details

0 comments:

Post a Comment