NEW! Are You a Ladybug? (Backyard Books) with Free shipping
Effect:::
Brand:MACMILLAN/MPS Customer Rating : List Price : $5.99
|
|---|
Are You a Ladybug? (Backyard Books)Feature for this item
|
|---|
Order Now with Free Shipping!!!
Customer Reviews
I am totally "sold" on these books. My grandhildren love the two they have, and I am buying the other three. They are terrific in so many ways. The reader learns something factual, of course, but in the process has a wonderful time imagining being something very different. Readers cannot help learn at least some degree of empathy with all living things; they learn without effort what it is like to be a scientist - that is, that there is a whole life pattern behind any little creature, to be discovered.
It is said that kids who speak two languages in childhood become smarter because of that: I imagine it's because concept (e.g. "table") and a given language's word for it are not fused together, but necessarily separate. I bet these books have a similar effect: they teach a pattern of empathy, and introduce a habit of assuming there is a rich and interesting story behind every little thing. And that there are some constant questions to ask: where do they get their energy (food) and how does their life develop, etc. If I were a cognitive scientist I would want to do research to see if they aren't a new and interesting "genre" of children's book.
0 comments:
Post a Comment